Season of Docs: Week 2
I must say this has been a busy week for me, due to a variety of issues that don’t have all that much to do with this project; my computer died, and we (pretty much) sold our boat - so I’ve been working on a borrowed laptop while packing to move! Nevertheless, I managed to stay mostly on track for this week:
• I updated the Launcher page with fresh screenshots and some other minor edits.
• I spent a bit of time making the global and general settings pages more correct, and more understandable. Thanks to @criezy and @NMIError for your help with the graphics and audio settings.
• I added all the configuration file keywords to the global/game settings pages.
• I redesigned the Configuration file page, with every keyword linked to the appropriate section and description in the global/game settings pages. I’m not 100% sure yet how I feel about this way of presenting this information (nor is the page 100% done). If anyone has any feedback, ideas or objections, please let me know!
My plan for the next couple of weeks:
• Keyboard shortcuts - Figure out the best way to present this information
• Controls - Probably not much to go into this page right now, but once other port information is added this page will expand.
• Configuration file - Fine tune how this information is presented, add some information about where to find the file etc.
• Graphics - First draft.
• Command line interface - Edit to improve readability/usability.
• Cloud and LAN - First draft.
• Audio - A deeper dive into how this all works; first draft. I feel like this one might take a bit of time.
If time permits:
• FAQ - First draft
As always, work-in-progess documentation is available to view at https://scummvm-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
See you on Discord,