Season of Docs: Week 6

We’re half way through the project! 6 weeks has absolutely flown by... 


This is what I ticked off the to-do list this week:


•  I re-arranged and tidied up the documentation. Each settings tab (or topic, in the case of audio) now has its own dedicated page. All the information you need to understand those settings are in one place; the first section on each page is an overview of the options, the second section goes into more detail, providing some background information and further explanation( or a how-to guide, in the case of the Cloud page). I hope that this way of presenting information is a little less confusing and easier to navigate - any feedback welcomed, as always! 

•  I added a section regarding games on the main page; where to get them, where to find which data files you need, and where to find whether they are supported/compatible.

 

After a discussion with @Mataniko this morning, my timeline for the next couple of weeks is as follows:


Week 7:


Help:

•  FAQ - pending feedback from the community, I will start working on a new FAQ which will hopefully be both relevant and useful. I anticipate that many questions will already have been answered in the documentation, and that I will be able to link back to this to supplement the answers. 

Ports (new section):

•  I will start using the information from the wiki to create port pages containing, at this stage, the following information:

•  Installation (not including how to homebrew)

•  Where to put the games

•  Control mapping

•  Port-specific settings

•  Known port issues - including unsupported games and unsupported features. 

I’ll start with the most active ports. According to traffic on the wiki, these are: Nintendo Switch, PS Vita and PSP. I’ll work on drafts based on the wiki information, but will reach out to porters to check that what I have is correct and up-to-date, and that nothing important is missing. 

Getting started:

•  iOS - I’m not happy with the GIFs currently on the iOS page. I will replace these with screenshots for clarity. 

Release notes (new section):

•  Add a release notes page for V2.2.0


Week 8:


•  Continue working on the FAQ and port pages, as I get more information from the community. This will probably be ongoing for the remainder of the project. 

•  I’d like to start thinking about how to set up a framework for documenting future features and releases, to ensure docs are always kept up to date! First draft. 


Docs-in-progress are available at scummvm-documentation.readthedocs.io


As always, I welcome feedback, criticism and suggestions! 


See you on Discord,


Cadi



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season of Docs: Project Report - Launch a Documentation Portal

Season of Docs: Week 7

Season of Docs: Week 5