Season of Docs: Week 8

 Hi everyone,


It was a nicely productive week - due to rostering changes at my day job, I got an extra day off to work on this project!

 

This past week:


•  Added port pages as I received information. Thank you to those developers who reached out and answered my questions, I really appreciate it! Also a shoutout to user @IlDucci  who was my guinea pig for the Vita, PSP and especially the Dreamcast. 

•  Tweaked the FAQ; added a table of contents, general edits. 

•  Proofread/edited most of the pages for consistency and compliance with the Google style guide.

•  Completed a draft of the contribution guide for technical writers. With a few minor changes to be made, this will find its way into the wiki in the coming days.

•  Redesigned the landing page with a handy Bootstrap plugin. I quite like the result but feedback welcome as always. 

•  Fixed and then broke and then fixed the tables (again). Sphinx builds on Read the Docs can be a bit finnicky to say the least.... 

•  Played around with navigation, moved some sections around... Not quite happy with the result so will keep working on this. 


Following a discussion with @Mataniko this morning, I will finish off the port pages as/when I receive the information from developers, but essentially the focus now shifts from creating new content, to ensuring that the content that’s there is in the right place and that the user can readily find what they’re looking for. I will be moving some sections around, and some content around, and really just honing in on optimising the user experience. As pages are finalised, @Mataniko and I will work together to formally review them, and make any last changes as required. We’re getting close to the end now!


So my time for the following weeks will look a bit like this:


•  Continue work on Port pages as I get information.

•  Work towards final drafts of all pages, ready for review.

  Continue working on finalising layout and navigation for maximum user friendliness.  

•  Work on PDF output; LaTex customization. 

•  Customise the theme; icon, colors, fonts, how it looks, any required CSS overrides. 


As always, documentation available for review at scummvm-documentation.rtfd.io.


Feedback, comments and suggestions always welcome!


See you on Discord,


Cadi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season of Docs: Project Report - Launch a Documentation Portal

Season of Docs: Week 5

Season of Docs: Week 7